čtvrtek 7. října 2010

Mobicents F2F meeting, Antalya Turkey 2010

Once again, time of the year come to meet all team members from Mobicents. This year we have chosen the great place to meet - Turkey. I have never been to Turkey before, so I was a bit excited about the country and people living there. This place was picked up due to several reasons, which one of the most concerning me (probably others as well ;) ), was:"I will finally meet Oleg, my colleague from Russia".
The schedule for the conference was very tight, as is always, when you have many interesting topics to cover. My focus was on the productization process for the Jboss Communications Platform (based on Mobicents project). On the last year f2f meeting I focused more or less on the introduction of the process itself. This year I tried to summarize, what went good, what went wrong, what was the lessons learned and how do we handle productization process at all nowadays.
During the past year we did accomplish bunch of the releases (Cumulative Patches) for jbcp 1.2.x product and we did releases of jbcp 5 form Alpha to CR01 release (based on EAP 5.0.1).
Besides of taking care of the preparing releases - btw, did I tell you Productization is in fact the process of turning projects into supported products, well this is quite general definition, but for illustration good enough - I did work on the various productization tools to speed up and simplify productization process. On the community side I was trying to take care about project roadmaps and help on the planning for the project releases. However, this may not sound very interesting, this part of the projects is very important for the product side and has deep impacts if not handled carefully.
During past year, we have settled quite well with the roadmaps and this is a step forward. I was involved as well in the Incubator preparation, what is other of the improvements, which will help to make projects mature enough before they come stable. You might be familiar for example with Apache incubator or other ones, so Mobicents Incubator is the place, where Mobicents baby projects grow up.
And finally during past year I have prepared a relase & build process for jbcp 5 product, which is improved and more following the way EAP, SOA-P or EPP does productization.

In fact I did really enjoy f2f meeting and I have to close with a word of classic:
"It's not fair" we do have only one week per year to meet all together.

Well on the other hand, would I be able to handle it ? ;)

Here are some photos, how great time it was...














See you guys next year !

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat